Julie Sasse remembers 10 favorite exhibitions from 20 years at TMA
Monday, July 6, 2020 marked 20 years since Dr. Julie Sasse, chief curator, began her tenure at Tucson Museum of Art. In that time she has organized more than 100 exhibitions at TMA and authored more than 20 books and catalogues. Her expertise, dedication and passion for her work are invaluable contributions to the museum.
Here, Dr. Sasse shares her top ten curatorial projects from the last 20 years and a personal remembrance about each one, listed in reverse chronological order. How many did you get to experience?
4. Desert Grasslands
5. Borderlandia: Cultural Topographies by Einar and Jamex de la Torre
6. Trouble in Paradise: Examining Discord Between Nature and Society
7. The Grand Canyon: From Dream to Icon
8. Florence Pierce: A Light-filled Domain
Contemporary Southwest Images XX: The Stonewall Foundation Series
9. Paint on Metal: Modern and Contemporary Explorations and Discoveries
10. Jaune Quick-to-See Smith
Contemporary Southwest Images XIX: The Stonewall Foundation Series